LED Lighting in Sandy, Utah

The days of incandescent light bulbs are coming to an end


Request an Energy Audit

Energy Efficient LED light bulbs

Light-emitting diodes, or LED, light bulbs are a combination of efficiency and durability

The days of incandescent light bulbs are coming to an end. Incandescent light bulbs use a whopping 10+ times the amount of energy as a LED bulb. Of the two pictures on the right, the left shows a normal 60W incandescent light. The reading shows how much power the bulb is drawing, measured in amps. The farthest right pictures is the exact same test except with a 60W equivalent LED bulb. You can see just how much less power the LED bulb uses – less than a tenth!

LED Comparison
LED Temperature Comparison

The unfortunate thing about a filament light bulb is that only 10% of the energy emitted from it is light energy, the other 90% is energy in the form of heat! Have you ever felt how hot incandescent bulbs can get? Over 400°F! The picture on the far left shows the temperature of a normal 60W incandescent bulb – 411°F. The picture on the right shows the temperature of the LED bulb, a nice and cool 96°F.

LED lights use a fraction of the electricity that incandescent lights do primary because they produce very little heat. LED bulbs also last much, much longer and are essential to making your home more energy efficient.

LED Lighting in Sandy, Utah