Federal and State Home Energy Tax Credits
Both the federal and state governments want you to become more energy conscious, and for a limited time they are offering dollar-for-dollar tax credits for many solar and home energy improvements.
Local utility companies also offer cash rebates for many of the upgrades that we perform.
Greenify will assist you in applying for these credits and rebates.
Important Solar Tax Credit Update
If you have ever thought about adding a solar panel system to your home, now is the time to act! Both Federal and State Tax Credits are being phased out and will be going away in the near future. The cutoff date to be grandfathered in for the current solar rate will be November 15th and the Utah Solar Tax Credit will begin to phase out at the end of the year. The Federal Tax Credit will start to phase out at the end of 2018. Don’t miss your opportunity to be grandfathered in!
Below are the credits and rebates available to you:
Federal Tax Credits:
Install your Solar System by Nov. 15th to Receive your State Credit
Questar Gas Rebates: (Must be a Questar Customer to Qualify)
- Tankless Water Heater – $350
- Attic Insulation – $0.25 sq/ft (if at least R-19 is added. An additional $0.07 if an additional R-11 is added, so the rebate would total $.032 sq/ft if adding R-30.)
- Air Sealing – $100 plus $0.18 sq/ft (not to exceed $850)
- Nest Smart Thermostat – $100 ea (up to two)
- Wall Insulation – $0.30 sq/ft
- Floor Insulation – $0.20 sq/ft
- Windows – up to $2.50 sq/ft
Rocky Mountain Power will be implementing Net Metering changes for all customers who sign up after Nov. 15th. Make sure to receive the best solar rate by signing up early.
Rocky Mountain Power Rebates: (Must be a Rocky Mountain Power Customer to Qualify)
- Attic Insulation – $0.10 sq/ft if your home is heated with gas and cooled electrically and $0.65 sq/ft if your home is heated and cooled electrically. Existing insulation must be R-20 or less and must be at least R-38 when completed.
- Wall Insulation – $0.25 sq/ft
- Windows – up to $2.00 sq/ft
- Nest Thermostat – $50 ea (up to two)
Some additional restrictions may apply
Greenify Energy Savers is an authorized contractor for Questar Gas and Rocky Mountain Power.